Friday, November 17, 2006

No pics to upload today. The strike ended last night and I´m now out of Baños and in a bus station in Ambato, Ecuador, and on my way to Cuenca, an old colonial city that fellow travelers have recommended. My bus leaves at 1.30pm. It doesn´t look like I will get into Cuenca until 8-8.30pm. The buses are generally pretty comfortable down here. They´re not like the old school buses you see in the movies. No chickens sitting in people´s laps or anything. Busing is a very popular medium of travel down here, and the system works pretty efficiently (when there are no strikes). It seems like any bus station you go to you can quickly find a bus that is going to your destination. And it´s pretty cheap. I´m paying $8.00 american for a 7 hour trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home