Saturday, November 11, 2006


Had to sneak a pic of these indian ladies from my taxi. If they catch you taking a pic they chase after you until you pay them something. Or if they see you focusing your camera they cover their faces and stick out their hands and say "pagame". It´s all about the benjamins with these ladies. Gotta love good ole capitalism. I´d pay them something if they weren´t so uppity about it. You have to make decisions about who you give to down here, because so many people beg. It´s certainly not as bad as other countries I´ve visited. Anyways, I choose to take pics of the Indian ladies with the fedoras, and I don´t pay them. Sue me. I like the challenge. I´m trying to keep this blog light-hearted. I´ll start another blog about neoliberalism and world economics if you really want to go there. Didn´t think so. Enjoy the pic.

I´m gonna be heading south to Latacunga tomorrow, and then on Monday I will go to the the town of Baños, known for its curative volcanic hot springs. I need a day or two of relaxation from my harsh schedule. Anyways, I might be incommunicado for the next couple/few days, depending on what internet services these two towns have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home