Monday, November 13, 2006



I spent last night in the dismal town of Latacunga. I only took two photos, cos I don´t want to remember this stinkhole. As soon as I got off the bus, I was lost, then it started raining, then I found my hotel, and was given the worst room in the whole dive. The street noise assaulted me the entire night: car alarms were going off, people were trying to start their cars, slamming doors, babies crying. I planned to get up and go to Lake Quilotoa up in the mountains. Well, I got up, and rushed to eat, and when I got back, the tour guide offered to let me ride in the trunk area of his Blazer (for a two hour trip each way). No thanks. The first pic captures the drab, sulky feel of the town on the day I arrived. The second pic is a beautiful pic of the view from the hotel´s terrace. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home