Saturday, December 16, 2006




Hey all,

I´m in Arequipa, Peru right now, and I´ve been being quite mellow. I´ve toured the town square (Plaza del Armas), and I went to the museum of Juanita, the frozen child sacrifice corpse found up in the mountains. Here's a link as no photo taking was allowed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummy_Juanita. They have found these well-preserved, frozen children all over the Andes. I´m glad we know a little more about plate techtonics and volcanos these days, so people no longer have to sacrifice children to the mountain gods.

Also did a driving tour around the city to a few overlooks. It was kind of a cloudy day, so the views weren´t that spectacular. It hasn´t been clear enough for me to get a full pic of the Misti volcano that overlooks the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home